So, we’re a little late (since we just heard about this today), but we thought we’d do it anyway, just for the heck of it!
1. When did you begin your blog? August 19, 2010.
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog? We started the blog to document our adventures raising our first puppy. Both of us had dogs growing up, but Scout is our first dog as a couple, and we wanted to remember the adventure of our first time.
3. Is your current purpose the same? Yep!
If not, what’s different? n/a
If so, how do you feel you’ve met your goals? Well, we post pretty regularly, which is in an effort to record as much of this time as we can. One day when Scout is all grown up, we’ll be able to look back on the early blog posts and remember the things that we probably would have otherwise forgotten. I also hope that the blog might serve as a good day-to-day reflection of what raising a puppy is like for anyone else who is curious.
4. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you? Both! If that makes sense…like I said above, I try to post daily or at least every other day, so that we can document as much as we can. Most of the time this isn’t hard, as puppies are always changing.
If the former, how often — and what techniques do you use to stick to it? No technique, Scout and our cat, Zoey, provide all the material we need!
If the latter, do you worry about… well, whatever you might worry about (e.g. losing traffic, losing momentum)? n/a
5. Are you generating income from your blog? Nope.
If so, how (e.g. sponsor ads, affiliate relationships, spokesperson opportunities)? n/a
If not currently, do you hope to in the future — and how? I haven’t thought much about generating income from And Puppy Makes Four, but I might like to write a book one day about raising Scout, if there’s one there, in which case the blog would be much-needed research material!
6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular (bragging is good!)? I love letting my friends and family see Scout grow, even if they don’t live nearby. I also like being able to read back on previous challenges and remembering events that have passed (carpet tacks anyone? Vomit at 5 a.m.?)
7. What do you like least? Nothing right now!
8. How do you see your blog changing/growing in 2011? It’ll grow right along with Scout! New adventures are in the future, maybe a trip to the beach for the first time, the hiking trail, and hopefully graduating from puppy kindergarten, are all in our future for 2011.